Although it is sometimes overlooked, your video description is an important complement to your content.
Many of the brands, vlogs, business channels, and amateur productions leave the description of the video empty. Since they consider it unnecessary or simply do not believe that it adds a value that optimizes their content.
The following article will learn everything about the importance of “Description” in the vlogging.
What Is Vlog?
Vlog is a “Video Blog” – It is a form of blogs for which the main medium is video. In addition to being the maximum responsible for a vlog, a Vlogger (also known as a YouTuber if we take into account the YouTube platform) is the person who decides to open a video channel and periodically upload their content on their channel.
Vloggers or video bloggers specialize in a specific topic, which can be very varied, and they create and upload videos on the chosen video platform in different formats.
We can find channels of beauty, fashion, cooking, sports, entertainment, travel, games vlogger, games streamer, DIY, technology, marketing, or music, among others.
YouTube platform is one of the widely used for vlogs. And it is the second most important search channel in the world after Google. Here are some of the advantages of YouTube channels.
- Create communities through subscriptions.
- It offers the possibility to publish the videos directly from the YouTube main page to blogs and social networks; send them by email, etc.
- It has become a widely used resource by the media.
- Many media have established alliances with YouTube to have a particular channel to broadcast their material.
- The process of uploading videos to your channel is straightforward and fast; it accepts most of the most used video formats, MPEG, Avi, mp4, among others.
- YouTube has a large storage capacity; you can upload videos without space problems.
- In your channel, you will have centralized all your videos; users will be able to view and comment on all the material you have uploaded.
- You have a vast potential audience – 450 million users use YouTube every day.
- Viewing from any device, laptop, smartphone, tablet, etc., is perfect.
- Improve the results of organic searches on Google.
- The videos you upload to your channel can be viewed worldwide.
Description And SEO
YouTube is a positioning and categorization system somewhat similar to that of Google. Therefore, everything you have learned about SEO for blog posts and sites will be beneficial from now on.
Have you ever wondered what the videos that appear first in YouTube searches have in common?
The network uses a series of factors to organize the content, ranging from the history of our interests and searches on the web to the trust of the channel that hosts it.
A good part of these factors includes your audience’s engagement actions, which will be essential to highlight the relevance of the content.
Description Of Content
When you start uploading a video, you have the opportunity to fill in the information regarding the file.
The description, unfortunately, is the one that users forget the most or ignore. However, it is one of the most important for a good ranking in search engines.
It happens here that search engines are not yet able to “read” a video or music, with the exception that it identifies whether the content is protected by law. Therefore, it depends on all the textual information that you can give it at that moment.
How To Write A Description?
For greater efficiency, pay special attention to these details:
- The first lines of the description of a YouTube video are very important since they are the ones selected for indexing, in addition to being seen at first glance, without having to unfold. That also means that only these will appear in the search results and that they will be decisive compared to the rest on the same video viewing page.
- The description is an important aspect of the video. Although the metadata allows the longer textual content to be included, it must accurately describe the video, without exceeding a couple of sentences, which must also be short.
- Include links of interest to redirect traffic. Facilitate access to your social profiles, website, blog or online store, business, service, or product that you are interested in promoting through the channel.
- Do not forget to take advantage of the great opportunity that each video offers you to get performance beyond the video itself. Choosing which links to include specifically and generally, consistently across all videos will be key to maximizing results.
The video’s description is a crucial factor in your video marketing strategy, whether you place it on dedicated platforms such as YouTube or social networks. Also, it helps the content obtain a better ranking within the search or as a recommended video.